Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday, Monday

TRAINING
Week 22 Goals:  15 Miles + 30 Minutes of X-Training
Week 22 Actuals:  18.91 Miles + 30 Minutes of X-Training
Items of Note:  My walk yesterday marked my 50th walk since February 23rd, which is when I started my "pre-training".


TRAINING COUNTDOWN:  WEEK 21 SCHEDULE
Monday, 5/10 - Rest
Tuesday, 5/11 - 3 Miles Easy Walk
Wednesday, 5/12 - Rest
Thursday, 5/13 - 4 Mile Moderate Walk
Friday, 5/14 - 30 Minutes of Cross-Training
Saturday, 5/15 - 5 Mile Easy Walk
Sunday, 5/16 - 4 Mile Easy Walk
Week 21 Totals:  16 Miles + 30 Minutes of X-Training

The next two weeks are exceptionally busy for me.  I would like to continue surpassing my weekly targets as set by the Komen 24-week schedule, but I will be happy to meet them.  I will need to follow my own suggestions about training and traveling which I posted about this past Saturday.  Check out this post by a fellow 3-Day walker about the importance of training.

FUNDRAISING
This week yielded a $100 donation from someone I barely know!  I was wearing my 3-day hat when a guy who works in my building thanked me for participating in the Komen events.  We had about a 10 minute conversation, I gave him my 3-day card, and as soon as he got home he donated! 
FUNDRAISING TIP OF THE WEEK:  Don't be shy about handing out that 3-day card!  Donations come from some people you wouldn't expect to donate or you hardly know!

That donation put me at 64% of my fundraising goal!
Personal total to date:  $1483.12
Team Tota to datel:  $4653.00

Other fundraising efforts included soliciting businesses for donations via e-mail, as well contacting an Italian restaurant near hear about doing a "Dining for Donations" night in the next month or so.  I haven't gotten response from any of them yet, but businesses take a bit to respond sometimes.  I am hopeful!

Don't forget, if you are in the Seattle area or know someone in the Seattle area, to check out team member Lindsey's dinner and silent auction event on May 22nd!


TEAM WEBSITE
Thanks to Kara, our team 3-day website has been revamped!  Check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment